DU Speed Booster
A combined antivirus, battery saver, and trash cleaner app
DU Speed Booster is a utilities suite for Android that helps optimize smartphones and tablets.
DU Speed Booster is a utilities suite for Android smartphones and tablets, and it includes more tools and features than we could possibly cover here. One of its prominent features is device boost, and by boost, we mean optimize. The app can optimize the performance of your device in a number of different ways. These include eliminating unnecessary background tasks, cleaning memory that’s no longer actually in use and identifying programs that may be causing your device to run too hot.
The app also features a junk file cleaner. This component will scan local storage as well as SD cards for unused files, big files, temp files, caches, obsolete APKs and residual files left behind by uninstalled apps. An antivirus component can scan your device for viruses and other malware. It can find this malware in running processes as well as in APKs and other files stored on the device.
You’ll also have access to a number of tools that help you manage apps. You can get information about all the apps on your device as well as uninstall apps without leaving residual files. You can move apps back and forth from local storage to memory cards, and an app locker ensures that others don’t uninstall or reconfigure your apps without your permission.
DU Speed Booster includes the option to block notifications from apps. This is a nice option for casual users who may not know how to do this themselves. Ironically, the app doesn’t let you suppress its own messages, and some users complain that those messages come far too frequently of late.
- Memory and CPU boost
- Junk file cleaner
- Security and antivirus
- Doesn’t block its own notifications
Improvements in V188.8.131.52
1. Clean Samsung, specially designed to boost Samsung phones, makes your device cleaner.
2. Bug fixed and overall performance optimized.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CALL_PHONE: Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS: Allows an application to see the number being dialed during an outgoing call with the option to redirect the call to a different number or abort the call altogether.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- READ_SMS: Allows an application to read SMS messages.
- RECEIVE_SMS: Allows an application to receive SMS messages.
- WRITE_CONTACTS: Allows an application to write the user's contacts data.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- BATTERY_STATS: Allows an application to collect battery statistics
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- BLUETOOTH_ADMIN: Allows applications to discover and pair bluetooth devices.
- BROADCAST_STICKY: Allows an application to broadcast sticky intents. These are broadcasts whose data is held by the system after being finished, so that clients can quickly retrieve that data without having to wait for the next broadcast.
- CHANGE_CONFIGURATION: Allows an application to modify the current configuration, such as locale.
- CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to change network connectivity state.
- CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE: Allows applications to enter Wi-Fi Multicast mode.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- CLEAR_APP_CACHE: Allows an application to clear the caches of all installed applications on the device.
- DELETE_CACHE_FILES: Allows an application to delete cache files.
- GET_PACKAGE_SIZE: Allows an application to find out the space used by any package.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES: Allows an application to call killBackgroundProcesses(String).
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- MODIFY_PHONE_STATE: Allows modification of the telephony state - power on, mmi, etc. Does not include placing calls.
- MOUNT_UNMOUNT_FILESYSTEMS: Allows mounting and unmounting file systems for removable storage.
- READ_LOGS: Allows an application to read the low-level system log files.
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- READ_SYNC_STATS: Allows applications to read the sync stats.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- RESTART_PACKAGES: This constant was deprecated in API level 8. The restartPackage(String) API is no longer supported.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT: This permission is no longer supported.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_APN_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the apn settings.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.